Nowadays, many people like to put some flowers and plants indoors, on the one hand, it can beautify the indoor environment. On the other hand, it can also relax people's mood. But not all flowers are suitable for indoor display. Some flowers are harmful to humans when placed indoors. We must be cautious when choosing indoor plants, and make a choice after we fully understand. Today this article will introduce you to several kinds of flowers that are not suitable for indoor display.
- Tulips. Tulips are mostly seen in public places, because the appearance of tulips is very beautiful, especially the patches of tulips make the city a lot more attractive. Many people may think that tulips are beautiful and want to grow them indoors. Although the roots and flowers of a tulip can be used as a tranquilizer, its flowers have toxic alkalis. If people stay with it for a long time, they will feel dizzy and may be severely poisoned. Excessive contact can also cause hair loss. Therefore, tulips should still be appreciated in public outdoor places, so it is better not to display them indoors at home.
- Oleander. Oleander can emit toxic gas, making people feel sick, and inducing pneumonia and bronchitis.
- Rhododendron. There are many kinds of rhododendrons, the common ones are bright red, white, yellow, etc. The bright red rhododendrons are not poisonous, and the red rhododendrons are edible. However, both yellow and white rhododendrons are poisonous. Both the yellow rhododendron plant and the flower body contain toxins, which can be poisoned if swallowed, causing vomiting, diarrhea and even shock. White rhododendron contains tetracyclic diterpenoid poisons, which can cause numbness of the limbs and breathing difficulties after accidental ingestion andseriously endanger human health.
- Lilies. The scent of lily is very strong. Many people like lily not only for its elegant flower shape, but also for its scent. However, the research results indicate that the fragrance of lily flowers contains traces of stimulants. Prolonged or excessive inhalation can cause a kind of "drunkenness" symptoms, which can make people over-excited, especially when placed in the bedroom. Excessive central nervous system excitement seriously affects sleep.
- Manjusawa. The bulbous root of this flower contains the alkaloid Riklin poison, which can cause symptoms such as vomiting and spasm, and has a significant impact on the central nervous system. It can be used for sedation, inhibition of drug metabolism and anti-cancer effects. However, accidental ingestion can cause poisoning, vomiting and diarrhea in mild cases, and paralysis of the central nervous system in severe cases, which is life-threatening.
- Daphne. It is a very popular shrub decoration in Europe. It is evergreen in all seasons. The leaves and branches are very smooth and the flowers are charming. However, they are both highly toxic. Ingestion can cause intense vomiting, internal bleeding, coma and even death.
- Night lavender. Afterthephotosynthesis is stopped at night, and the flower will emit a lot of exhaust gas. It has a refreshing fragrance and is worse at night. It will make patients with high blood pressure and heart disease feel dizzy.
Flowers suitable for lazy people or new starters
- Portulaca oleracea. Portulaca oleracea has many colors. During the growth process, it will only bloom when it receives sunlight, and it is in a closed state at other times, so it is called "sun flower". Among the flowers that are commonly said to be unsustainable to feed, sunflowers should be among the best. During the breeding process, only sufficient light is needed, occasional watering, and no excessive care.
- Geranium. Geranium is originally from South Africa and is the national flower of Hungary. During the flowering period, the color of its flowers is very gorgeous, and it is often planted on the balcony or window sill, which is extremely ornamental. The only thing you need to pay attention to when cultivating geraniums is that too much fertilizer should not be applied during the flowering period, otherwise the petals will fall.
- Saintpaulia. Saintpaulia can also bloom throughout the year and is very adaptable to indoor environments. Because the reproduction is too easy, the leaf cuttings can also have a high survival rate, so the price is very cheap.
- Green dill. Green dill is one of the best green plants to grow. Even if the roots are rotten, they can grow roots by breaking a branch and soaking in water. The requirement for light is particularly low. It doesn’t matter whether there is sunlight or not. It is very suitable for growing indoors, as long as you don’t forget to water it.
- Chlorophytum. Chlorophytum has strong adaptability to various soils and is easy to cultivate. Chlorophytum likes a warm, moist, semi-shady environment. It is adaptable, more drought-tolerant, and less cold-tolerant. Any container that can hold water can be used to grow Chlorophytum. It is best to use a transparent vessel to grow water. You can enjoy the dazzling white root system in the water. The glass wine cups, tea cups, mineral water bottles, etc. around you are all economical and beautiful containers for water-growing spider plants.