Welcome to the land world
How To Make Someone Move Their Mobile Home Off Your Property

Mobile homes offer a flexible and affordable housing option for many individuals. However, situations may arise where a mobile home is placed on your property without your permission or overstays its welcome. When faced with such a scenario, it is important to understand your rights and the appropriate legal steps to take to have the mobile home removed. We will discuss the process of addressing unauthorized mobile home placement on your property and outline the steps you can take to resolve the situation efficiently and legally.

Review Property Ownership and Legal Documentation
a. Verify Ownership: Confirm that you are the legal owner of the property and have the right to request the removal of the mobile home. Consult property deeds, titles, or other relevant legal documentation to establish your ownership rights.

b. Consult Local Zoning and Ordinance Laws: Familiarize yourself with local zoning regulations and ordinances that govern the placement of mobile homes on private property. These regulations outline the specific requirements for mobile home placement and can guide your course of action.

Communicate with the Mobile Home Owner
a. Initial Contact: Initiate contact with the mobile home owner to discuss the situation. Clearly communicate your concerns and express your desire for the mobile home to be removed from your property.

b. Document Communication: Keep a record of all communication, including dates, times, and content. This documentation can be valuable if legal action becomes necessary.

Research Legal Options and Seek Professional Advice
a. Consult an Attorney: If direct communication does not lead to a resolution, it is advisable to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate law. They can provide legal guidance and help you understand your rights and responsibilities.

b. Research Local Laws: Research state and local laws regarding mobile home placement and removal procedures. Familiarize yourself with the specific requirements and procedures in your jurisdiction.

Serve an Eviction Notice
a. Draft an Eviction Notice: Prepare a formal eviction notice stating the reasons for requesting the removal of the mobile home. Include a reasonable deadline for compliance, allowing the mobile home owner sufficient time to relocate their property.

b. Serve the Eviction Notice: Deliver the eviction notice to the mobile home owner according to the legal requirements of your jurisdiction. Certified mail or personal service by a process server are often acceptable methods.

Follow Legal Proceedings if Necessary
a. File a Lawsuit: If the mobile home owner fails to comply with the eviction notice, you may need to file a lawsuit. Consult with your attorney to understand the necessary steps, documentation, and timelines involved in the legal process.

b. Obtain a Court Order: Seek a court order that requires the mobile home owner to remove their property from your land. Once obtained, the court order provides legal authority for enforcement.

Engage Law Enforcement or a Towing Company
a. Coordinate with Authorities: If the mobile home owner still refuses to comply, contact local law enforcement authorities and provide them with the necessary court documents. They can enforce the court order and assist in removing the mobile home from your property.

b. Engage a Towing Company: In some cases, you may need to hire a professional towing company with experience in handling mobile homes. Ensure they have the necessary equipment and expertise to safely remove and transport the mobile home.


When faced with an unauthorized mobile home on your property, it is crucial to navigate the situation carefully and legally. By understanding your rights, consulting legal professionals, and following the appropriate steps, you can effectively address the issue and have the mobile home removed from your property. Remember to document all communication and seek legal advice specific to your jurisdiction to ensure compliance with local laws and regulations.